Monday, July 6, 2009

Patricia King and the spectacular










I was recently asked about Patricia King and the people who follows after their ministry at "Extreme Prophecy".

I posted the following reply, and I hope it may enlighten you too. This is only my personal opinion and no offense is meant.


I have listened to Patricia King's, Bob Jones' , Todd Bentley's and Joshua Mills's messages before. Their teaching centers around the spectacular and less on the Word. They use a lot of their personal experiences with angels, visions, dreams, gold dust, oil. I believed God can do all these no doubt, and gold dust have fallen on my body before. Others have seen these but I am careful to always point them to Jesus and not to the signs. People need to have faith in God's Word ONLY and not in other people's experiences. When Christians need help for their problems such as healing, they cannot believe based on the God who heals others, but they need to believe God based on the Word of God for themselves. Only then will they build on the right personal fellowship with God.

As for sound teaching, there are many others who gives sound teaching such as Andrew Wommack, EW Kenyon, Lester Sumrall, and of course, nothing is better than studying the Word for one own self. Due to the shortage of time in each day to study the Word, i have to prioritized my time, so i choose others instead of Patricia King etc. Once in a while, i do listen to their stories just to keep up to date of what they are doing, but because i desire deeper, i have to study the Word myself.

Todd Bentley have fallen out of the limelight after he admitted to a relationship with another lady besides his wife. Since then, he has divorced his wife and under supervision by other ministers. His gospel is faulty because he takes daily instructions from his angel Emma, and magnifies his angel more than the Word or even Jesus. Some people like these type of stories but i don't. I believe in angels very much, but God is the one who instructs angels to minister to us, not the other way round.

As a guide, I do most of my own study and cross referencing them with other solid New Covenant teachers.

No comments: