Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The experience of EW Kenyon concerning righteousness

 

ew kenyon

EW Kenyon discovered that he is righteous and no longer had to perform even as a Christian to earn the favor and blessing of God. He had a similar experience to that of Martin Luther who uncovered “justification by faith alone”. Here is what he said in his diary:

 

Strange, I had never noticed it before. God Himself was to become my Righteousness the moment that I accepted Christ and confessed Him as my Lord. Then I remembered Romans 10:10, “For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.”

Then 2 Corinthians 5:21, “For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.” I couldn’t believe it at first. I struggled for days and days on this scripture. I knew that if I became the righteousness of God in Christ that I would never again depend on experiences. I had arrived. The thing that my heart had craved was here, but it would never become real to me until I confessed it before the world.

That Sunday morning, when I dared to say, “I am the righteousness of God in Christ,” was when I experienced what it meant. A strange quietness filled my whole being. A joy that I had never before experienced, filled my heart.

EW Kenyon

 

Technorati Tags: ,

No comments: